This is the trip to the start of my vacation from home. So our first stop was Waynesville N.C. where my Nana lives with her boyfriend. The picture above is a beautiful view of the Great Smoky Mountains. Click on the pictures to get a better look at them. We enjoyed staying with them riding their four-wheeler around their mountain side home. We did a little bit of touring too, we went to see some elk in the mountains, we went to tour Maggie Valley where we saw this beautiful cross on top of this hill that over looked a river, we went to Cherokee and saw Unto These Hills which was AMAZING and eye opening to me because the play was about the Trail of Tears which the Cherokee Indians were forced out of their lands to an Indian Territory from the government. Many died on the harsh journey from disease and starvation. Also we went to Jonathan Creek which is where a murder happened in 1913. I read a book called The Legend of Nance Dude which is a book about the woman that killed her granddaughter. I read the book in a day and I just couldn't get my mind off of the terrible life Nance Dude had. I recommend the book to anyone that likes mystery and is obsessed with history.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
This is the trip to the start of my vacation from home. So our first stop was Waynesville N.C. where my Nana lives with her boyfriend. The picture above is a beautiful view of the Great Smoky Mountains. Click on the pictures to get a better look at them. We enjoyed staying with them riding their four-wheeler around their mountain side home. We did a little bit of touring too, we went to see some elk in the mountains, we went to tour Maggie Valley where we saw this beautiful cross on top of this hill that over looked a river, we went to Cherokee and saw Unto These Hills which was AMAZING and eye opening to me because the play was about the Trail of Tears which the Cherokee Indians were forced out of their lands to an Indian Territory from the government. Many died on the harsh journey from disease and starvation. Also we went to Jonathan Creek which is where a murder happened in 1913. I read a book called The Legend of Nance Dude which is a book about the woman that killed her granddaughter. I read the book in a day and I just couldn't get my mind off of the terrible life Nance Dude had. I recommend the book to anyone that likes mystery and is obsessed with history.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment